Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Backyard Kayaking

Usually, if I want to go paddling somewhere, it’s a major production to either put the canoe rack on my car and strap the canoe onto it, or take the 30 lb bag with my Sea Eagle inflatable kayak and then spend time when I get to the location pumping it up to be ready for use.

So what a luxury indeed to have my little kayak just sitting on the backyard patio ready to go every day whenever I felt like paddling!

IMG_3747
IMG_3751
So I tried to get out on the water as many mornings and evenings as I could, but every time I’d leave, Millie would get a very concerned look on her face and start crying until I was out of sight.

IMG_3685
IMG_3732

The Keys are very challenging for boaters as the reef comes up to make waters quite shallow in the areas between the islands, but that makes it great for kayakers!  The water was crystal clear and filled with fish!

IMG_3694
IMG_3727
IMG_3761
Finally back to the house.  You can see the View parked on the left:

IMG_3786

On our last night, I took Millie for a walk down to the end of the street to see the sunset.  No other dogs on this street…only a parrot who “barked” at Millie as she went by:

IMG_3485

Millie couldn’t resist one more quick swim:

IMG_3488
and then had to drench me when she shook off

IMG_3499
But it was a nice sunset and relaxing way to end a great trip to the Keys.

IMG_3489

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook