Friday, August 13, 2010

Bayfield, WI

As I left Ashland, I took a quick detour up to Bayfield.   I’d not been to Bayfield in seven years, but not much has changed.  It’s still a small, quant tourist town, with lots of Victorian B &B’s like this one:

IMG_1853

Bayfield is home to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, and has a great park headquarters building in town:

IMG_1861

The only island you can drive on is the island directly across from Bayfield, Madeline Island.  There’s a car ferry that shuttles back and forth dozens of times a day.  If I had been vacationing rather than working, I would have tried camping at the state park on the island, but alas, I didn’t want to push my luck with AT&T coverage and was highly doubtful I’d have cell service on an island in Lake Superior!

IMG_1857

The city campground in town was not as nice as I’d remembered it—lots of tiny unlevel sites, not very RV friendly at all.  The downtown area was also very small and difficult to find RV parking.  So, all in all, for RV’ing, I’m glad I ended up in Ashland for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Lynne's Camera Bag

Best RVing Stuff Under $50

Join Us On Facebook