Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week at Lake Havasu

Our first week of snowbirding got off to a good start.  We had cool but sunny days and a nice view of the lake from our RV site.  I had to work all week, so we spent most of each day in the motorhome, but around 4pm every day, it was warm enough to take Millie for a walk down to the lake.  The water was chilly, but that didn’t stop Millie from diving right in!

IMG_4048

Once Millie had worn herself out, I’d head to the RV Park’s hot tub (much warmer than the lake!)--

IMG_4064
I’d return to the motorhome to enjoy a nice dinner that had been simmering in the crock pot all day.  One night it was mushroom and barley soup (yum!) and another night I veered off my vegetarian diet momentarily to enjoy some slow cooker BBQ pork chops.

But the main reason I had come to Lake Havasu was to see the London Bridge.  So, one night I packed my camera and tripod on the back of my bike and rode about 2 miles to the bridge.  I thought it might be best just after sunset, and it didn’t let me down!  The bridge still had a few holiday wreaths and was simply magical to photograph! 

_MG_3634-Edit-2_MG_3636-Edit_tonemapped-2-Edit-Edit_MG_3639-Fused_CEP-2-Edit-3
Looking at this little gondola next to the bridge, it was hard to believe we were out in Arizona rather than in Europe.  But I’m sure this scene looks a lot different during a busy Saturday or Sunday with hoards of boaters and jetskis whirling around.

Thankfully, we left town on Friday evening just as the hoards were starting to arrive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Views!

Shop Amazon With Us

Lynne's Camera Bag

Join Us On Facebook